IT Professionals Resources
Collaboration & sharing
Data storage, backups, and server hosting
Two central email systems are currently available to the University community: Google Apps @UDel.edu and Microsoft Exchange. (Email help)
- Undergraduate and graduate students use Google Apps @UDel.edu.
- Faculty and staff may use either of the systems.
- The mailing list email@example.com is used to share important notifications to all those who support computing at the University of Delaware. If you do not receive these notifications, complete a help ticket request, listing the departments you support. This is a Google Group and is searchable by logging into your GoogleApps@Udel account.
- Departmental IT professionals list
- Find IT services
- INTEC hardware maintenance: An outside vendor who accepts requests for annual departmental maintenance contracts. They also provide "Time and Materials" repairs for UD-owned equipment and for systems personally owned by UD faculty, staff, and students.
- IT Help Center
- Report supplies needed or broken technology equipment in a classroom
- Conference registration
- My Wi-Fi: Display your current Wi-Fi connection information.
- Network Guest Registration: (Add access for a guest [active UDelNet account required] | Guest log in)
- Network jack activation & troubleshooting: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-6000.
- Network Time Protocol
- Suggestion 1: Have the PDC emulator on your domain, sync with a reliable time server (louie.udel.edu is about as reliable as they get) and then the rest of your domain machines, including other domain controllers and servers should be configured by default to sync with the PDC emulator. Stand-alone machines can point right to louie.udel.edu in the time/clock settings on the workstation.
- Suggestion 2: Sync servers and domain controllers to time.nist.gov, tick.usno.navy.mil, and tock.usno.navy.mil in that order.
- Microsoft: How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server
- Request a new IP address: (Faculty and staff computers)
- Refer to the list of IPs for your department.
- Central IT maintains some IP lists. Send email to email@example.com.
- Preferred registration method: DHCP automatic with associated fixed IPaddress.
- Request a new IP address: (Printers and servers not requiring outside access from the Internet)
- Some devices and servers are placed on the network for local use only.
- If you have printers, servers, or other devices where direct access from the Internet is not needed or is not prudent because of security concerns, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a "Net 10 address" for that printer, server, or device.
- UDelNet account tools: change username or password, register for internet access, etc.
- What is my IP? (UD Hosted) OR http://www.whatismyip.com
- Request access to UD computing resources (e.g., UNIX accounts & projects, administrative systems, Cognos, UDrupal developer)
Software and Licenses
Teaching and Learning
UD policies, procedures, and practices
- Features that can be executed on UD web pages
- How to publish a personal Web page at the University of Delaware
- Office of Communications & Marketing (OCM)
- Restricting access to web pages
- Link checker (for UD websites)
- µLink: UD's microLink service. Provides a shortened URL starting with www.udel.edu, which can easily be shared with others.
- UD WordPress MU
- UD Web Idea Center: For Forms Data Processor, customized Google search, etc.